Student Education Plan (SEP)
A Student Education Plan (SEP) is a planning tool that you and your counselor create together based on your future academic and career goals.
*Effective Fall 2014 Priority Registration will be given to students who work with a counselor to develop a Student Education Plan, succeed in their classes and stay on track.
Abbreviated SEP: While completing the Online Orientation, students will participate in an interactive activity of planning their first semester classes.
Comprehensive SEP: Outlines a semester by semester plan of suggested course to take based on major, transfer plans and sequence of courses.
- SEPs can only be completed during a scheduled counseling appointment
- Be sure to complete your SEP with a counselor during your first or second semester at Cuesta.
- The Comprehensive SEP is a participation requirement for the following programs:
- Veterans education benefits
Required prior to scheduling your Student Education Plan (SEP) appointment:
- Send your official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities you have previously attended to Cuesta College Records Office. Verify with the Records Office that Cuesta College has received ALL your official transcript(s).
- Take the Cuesta College English & Math placement tests or submit results from completed assessments taken at another California Community College (within the last 18 months for the math exam).