Duties and Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- filing, editing, and copying department documents, and general office procedures.
- scheduling and running rehearsals
- communicating the director's wishes to designers and crafts people
- coordinating the work of the stage crew
- calling cues and possibly actors' entrances during performance
- overseeing the entire show each time it is performed
- mark out the dimensions of the set on the floor of the rehearsal hall
- make sure rehearsal props and furnishings are available for the actors
attend all rehearsals
- notify the designers and crafts people of changes made in rehearsal
- overseeing training for front of house and stage door staff
- Superior leadership
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to confidentiality/security policies Ability to work independently without much direct supervision
- Upbeat, enthusiastic attitude in public relations
- Superior writing, organization, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills required. MS Word and Excel required; working knowledge of layout, editing, and graphic design with a strong background preferred in Adobe Photoshop and In-design; knowledge of HTML and back-end utilities suggested.
- Flexible, interpersonal skills, initiative, strong work ethic, and the ability to work alone and within a group.
- Must be able to work in a diverse and changing work environment.