Personal Counseling Services support students in their academic success and personal development. Our services are personalized, confidential and do not transfer with academic records. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) can provide up to six free counseling sessions per student per semester. Therapists also provide referrals for any mental health treatments that require long term or specialized care, such as: medication evaluation, drug and alcohol treatment, diagnostic testing, and treatment of serious mental health disorders or hospitalization.

Call to make an appointment:

  • San Luis Obispo Campus (805) 546-3171
  • North County Campus (805) 591-6200 ext. 4207

If you or someone your care about is suicidal, in crisis, or after clinic hours call:

  • SLO Hotline: (800) 783-0607 (24 hour)
  • Public Safety: SLO (805) 546-3911 or NCC (805) 591-4911

Our Services Include the Following:

  • Individual Counseling
  • Group Counseling
  • Couples Counseling - Heterosexual & Gay & Lesbian
  • Crisis Prevention and Intervention
  • Education and Outreach
  • Consultation
  • Referrals for Long-term care
  • Referrals for Drug and Alcohol Services

Counseling Services Available for Personal and Social Concerns:

  • Stress
  • Anxiety
  • Grief and Loss
  • Depression
  • Relationships
  • Disordered Eating
  • Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, Bi-Sexual and Questioning
  • Self Esteem
  • Violence
  • Roommate Concerns
  • Anger Management
  • Drug and Alcohol Use
  • Boundary and Limit Setting Skills
  • Self-Harm and/or Suicidal Ideation
  • Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault