Position & Qualifications
The Superintendent/President of the San Luis Obispo County Community College District/Cuesta College shall assume and perform all of the duties and exercise all of the powers conferred upon superintendents/presidents of community colleges in the State of California by law and by administrative rules and policies adopted by the State of California and its administrative agencies, the United States Government and its administrative agencies, and the College District Board of Trustees; and such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated to him/her by the Board.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- An earned doctorate is preferred.
- Significant senior administrative leadership experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching and learning processes for the adult learner.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college student is required.
- A minimum of three years of postsecondary faculty (teaching, library, student services) experience is preferred.
- Community college faculty experience is preferred.