The Post-9/11 GI-Bill
The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Year: Semester you will be attending Cuesta
- Duty Zip Code: 93403
- Pay Range: E-5
- Monthly Allowance is E-5 with DEPENDENTS for full-time student (12 credits or more)
Select from the options below:
- Start Chapter 33 benefits at Cuesta College, never used them before.
- Start Chapter 33 benefits at Cuesta College, have used them at another school.
- Continue Chapter 33 benefits at Cuesta College but changed major/program of study.
Continuing Students Steps to Complete Every Term
- Register in myCuesta for classes on your SEP.
Only classes related to your educational goal are eligible for certification.
- If you are passing all your certified classes with a grade of "C" or better, complete the Veteran's Request for Certification and submit to the Veterans Resource Center.
- If you are not passing one of your certified classes, make an appointment to get certified. Call (805) 546-3142. You must get certified every semester.