Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Eligibility for this program is determined by the Selected Reserve components. VA makes the payments for this program.
- You may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits.
- Your eligibility for the program normally ends on the day you leave the Selected Reserve.
(Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs web site information on exceptions.)
Select from the options below:
- Start Chapter 1606 benefits at Cuesta College, never used them before.
- Start Chapter 1606 benefits at Cuesta College, have used them at another school.
- Continue Chapter 1606 benefits at Cuesta College but changed major/program of study.
Continuing Students Steps to Complete Every Term
- Register in myCuesta for classes on your SEP.
Only classes related to your educational goal are eligible for certification.
- If you are passing all your certified classes with a grade of "C" or better, complete the Veteran's Request for Certification and submit to the Veterans Resource Center.
- If you are not passing one of your certified classes, make an appointment to get certified. Call (805) 546-3142.