If I don't have a permit, can I put a note on my dashboard?
No. Notes nor receipts are accepted in lieu of valid parking permits.  All vehicles parked anywhere on campus property (parking lots and roadways) must display a current, valid semester or daily parking permit.

I'm visiting on official business.  Do I need a permit?
All vehicles need a permit. Sponsored guests (guest lecturers, member of an advisory board etc.) may be provided a guest permit through campus police.  Prior arrangements must be made through the sponsoring departments’ division assistant to obtain a visitors permit. Visitors displaying a valid DMV-issued Disabled placard may park without a Cuesta permit.  Failure to visibly display a valid DMV-issued disabled placard may result in a citation and fine.  

I'm a student taking only one class and do not want to purchase a semester parking permit. What should I do? 
The best option is to purchase a daily permit for $2.  Daily permits can be purchased from the yellow permit machines that are installed in every parking lot near the 20-minute zones on both the San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles campuses. Machines take $1 bills and quarters only.  Machines do not give change. Park in a 20-minute parking space to obtain a Daily parking permit and then move your vehicle to a general parking space. Daily permits can also be purchased with cash, check, or credit card at the Campus Police office on either campus. Place the Daily permit face up on the driver's side of the dashboard so that the date of purchase is visible to police staff. 

I only need to be on campus for 10 minutes.  Should I purchase a daily permit? 
Students and visitors who plan to be on campus for 20 minutes or less may park in green spaces marked "20-minute parking". No permit is required while parked in the 20-minute zone.  If you think your visit may take longer than 20 minutes, we suggest that you purchase a Daily parking permit for $2 and then proceed to park in a general parking space.  Parking longer than the 20-minute limit in the 20-minute zone could result in a $68 citation.

I loaned my car to a friend and they were cited for parking in a staff space.  Am I responsible for the ticket?   
Yes, if you loan your vehicle to someone, make sure they know where to park. Cuesta College parking citations are forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if they are not paid within the 30-day time limit. The DMV will not allow you to register your vehicle until the citation is paid.

I lost my parking permit halfway through the semester.  Do I need to buy another permit at full price? 
Permits for additional vehicles and replacement permits are sold at the full permit price. Contact the Cuesta College Police Department for additional permits for your vehicle.

I bought a semester permit at the San Luis Obispo campus but I also have classes at the Paso Robles campus.  Do I need a different permit for the Paso Robles campus?
Semester and Daily parking permits can be purchased at either the San Luis Obispo or the Paso Robles Campus. Both types of permits are valid on either campus regardless of which campus it was purchased.

I received a parking ticket but I disagree with the grounds on which it was given to me.  How do I dispute the citation? 
Citation disputes are handled at the Cuesta College Police Department on either campus. The process to dispute the citation is to submit an Appeal form within 30 days of receiving the citation with a valid explanation. The appeal will be reviewed by the appeal officer and a decision will be made for a dismissal, reduction or denial of the appeal.  If you wish to contest the results of the initial appeal disposition, you have 21 days from the date of the written response to request an Administrative Hearing.

I have more than one vehicle that I drive to campus.  Do I have to pay full price for a second permit? 
Semester parking permits can be used in any vehicle you drive to campus. It is suggested to purchase additional permits for any additional cars to avoid being without a permit.  A full price fee is charged for additional permits.

I'm not sure where to place my parking permit.  How do I know where it goes?
Parking permits are to be visibly displayed on the inside lower right corner (passenger side) of the windshield or suspended from the rearview mirror with the permit facing towards the front of the vehicle so the officers can see it.  Motorcycle or mopeds must display permits on the front forks or cowling.

What happens to people who refuse to pay parking citations? 
The Cuesta College Police Department issues parking citations in accordance with the provisions listed in the California Vehicle Code. If a citation bail is not paid within 30 days of the issuance of the citation, the bail increases. Unpaid citations are reported to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will not allow vehicles to be registered with delinquent parking citations. Vehicles with five (5) or more unpaid campus parking citations may be booted and or towed from campus property and stored at owners’ expense. A hold may be placed on transcripts, grades and registration for the college.

How do I get help if my car breaks down while on college property?
Police officers and parking control staff are committed to serving our college community. If you need motorist assistance, you may contact the Cuesta College Police Department by dialing 3205 from any campus phone on the San Luis Obispo campus, or 6205 on the Paso Robles campus. From a cell phone dial (805) 546-3205 for SLO Campus Police or (805) 591-6205 for NCC Campus Police.  In case of an emergency, dial 3911 from any SLO campus phone or dial 4911 from any North County campus phone.

If I drive an oversized vehicle, where can I park? 
It is recommended that oversized vehicles and buses park on the campus perimeter roadways to avoid a citation.

Where do I pay a parking citation?
Parking citations can be paid in person at the Campus Police Department on either the San Luis Obispo campus or the North County Campus; methods of payment include: Cash, Check, or Credit card.  Payments can also be mailed to Cuesta College Campus Police or the parking citation service center, both mailing addresses are listed below.  Please include the citation with your payment and write the citation number on your check or money order. Please do not mail cash.  Credit card payments can be made by calling the Campus Police Department at (805) 546-3205 or pay online at www.paymycite.com. 

By Mail: 
CUESTA COLLEGE                                      
CAMPUS POLICE                             
P.O. BOX 8106                    
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA  93403-8106
P.O. BOX 11923
SANTA ANA, CA  92711-1923