Electronics & Electrical Technology
DEGREES, CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
Cuesta College is an approved training provider as a general electrician certification training program. Students enrolled in an approved course may register with the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to be eligible to work as an electrician trainee and continue their employment if 150 classroom hours each year are completed until qualified for the certification exam. Students who complete all the mandatory courses are eligible to sit for the certification exam administered by the state of California. Passage of this exam in combination of specific work experience will complete the state electrician certification process.
There is additional paperwork required for the State Electrician Trainee Program. Please contact the Engineering Technology Department for more information at (805) 546-3264.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
An Associate Degree, depending on the focus of study, is designed to prepare students for transfer into upper division course work in a bachelor’s degree program, or, to prepare students to enter the workforce in a particular vocational field. To qualify for an Associate’s Degree, a student must:
(1) complete each major-specific course required for the degree with at least a "C" grade or better,
(2) complete all Cuesta College general education, graduation and residency requirements,
(3) achieve an overall grade point average of 2.0 for all courses attempted (major, general education, elective), and
(4) submit an Associate’s Degree Application to Admissions and Records.
A Certificate Program is designed for students who desire specific training to meet an immediate occupational or personal goal, or for promotion or lateral transfer within their existing field of employment. To qualify for a Certificate of Achievement or a Certificate of Specialization, a student must:
1) complete all courses required for the Certificate with an overall grade point average of 2.0,
2) earn at least 12 units in residency at Cuesta and
3) submit a Certificate Application to Admissions and Records.
|Commercial Electrical Installer||Environmental Engineer|
|Electrical Engineer||Environmental Scientist|
|Electrical Installer||Industrial Maintenance Electrician|
|Electrical Maintenance Technician||Solar Engineer|