DEGREES, CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
A.S., Architectural Technology
The purpose of the Architecture Program is to prepare students to:
1. Employ fundamental principles of architectural design theory and practice.
2. Advance/articulate completed course work towards university transfer into 4 or 5 year Architecture programs or related majors.
3. Utilize the principles of design communication as they apply to architectural project delivery.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
An Associate Degree, depending on the focus of study, is designed to prepare students for transfer into upper division course work in a bachelor’s degree program, or, to prepare students to enter the workforce in a particular vocational field. To qualify for an Associate’s Degree, a student must:
(1) complete each major-specific course required for the degree with at least a "C" grade or better,
(2) complete all Cuesta College general education, graduation and residency requirements,
(3) achieve an overall grade point average of 2.0 for all courses attempted (major, general education, elective), and
(4) submit an Associate’s Degree Application to Admissions and Records.
|Architectural Intern||Homebuilders and
|Architectural Drafter/CAD Technician||Building product or
|Technical and production support within architecture or engineering firms||Government Agencies (plan checker
and project inspector)
|Kitchen and Bath Designers|
|A.A. - Associate in Arts||C.A. - Certificate of Achievement|
|A.S. - Associate in Science||C.S. - Certificate of Specialization|
|A.A.-T. - Associate in Arts for Transfer||C.C. - Certificate of Completion (Non Credit)|
|A.S.-T. - Associate in Science for Transfer|