Search & Application Process
- All completed application materials will be screened by the search committee, which includes faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community leaders.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with the search committee.
- It is expected that these interviews will take place February 13th and 14th, 2018.
- The finalists will be interviewed by the Board of Trustees and will participate in public forums scheduled for February 20th and 21st, 2018.
- The District may reimburse candidates for travel expenses at a maximum amount set by the Board of Trustees.
- Every effort will be made to maintain confidentiality through the application and first interview period. When finalists are recommended to the Board, a public media statement will be distributed.
- All application materials must be submitted online no later than January 4, 2018. All inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
- The new Superintendent/President will assume duties on July 1, 2018.
To ensure full consideration, all application materials should be submitted online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta no later than January 4, 2018. All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
In order to receive consideration, candidates for this position must submit the following documents:
- San Luis Obispo Community College District online application
- Cover letter not to exceed three pages
- Current resume
- List with the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of nine references; two professional peers, two employees reporting directly to the candidate, two faculty members, one student, and two business or community leaders (applicants from sectors other than education should submit comparable references). Note: references will be contacted only after authorization is received from the applicant.
- Unofficial transcripts (academic coursework and degrees from institutions outside the U.S. will require confirmation of US equivalency upon hire).
- Taking into consideration our Mission statement and our Values, please explain how you would demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in this position in 500 words or less.
The District's Board of Trustees has retained a Search Consultant to help us recruit
the best possible candidates.
Confidential inquiries may be made to:
Dr. Dean Colli, Search Consultant, PPL Inc.